These raw almond butter and jelly "sandwiches" are a fun variation on the traditional recipe. Instead of bread, thick and juicy slices of apple are slathered with the nut butter and jam. Despite the replacement of bread with fruit, this snack is surprisingly filling and tastes delicious!
Raw Almond Butter and Jelly Sandwiches [Vegan]
For the Salted Almond Butter:
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
For the Strawberry Jam
- 1 cup of date paste
- 3/4 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the "Sandwich":
- 2 large apples of your choice, cored and sliced into "bread slices," about 1/4-inch thick
- Goji berries, dried
- Mulberries, dried
- Blueberries, dried
To Make the Salted Almond Butter:
- Combine almond butter and salt in a small mixing bowl. Mix with a spoon until well combined.
To Make the Strawberry Jam:
- Combine date paste, strawberries, and lemon juice in the blender. Blend into a thick strawberry jam.
To Assemble the Sandwiches:
- Cut your apples into 1/4-inch slices.
- Cover the apple slices with salted almond butter and strawberry jam to taste.
- Garnish with dried berries.