The perfect cheesecake for any occasion starts with a crumbly oat and coconut base that's topped with a layer of creamy coconut cashew cheesecake filling, topped with a pastel pink raspberry layer. The second layer has frozen raspberries mixed in so there are little bursts of chilled, tart berries within. Garnish with fresh lemon slices, shredded coconut, and raspberries and serve it plain or with a dollop of whipped coconut cream.
Raspberry Lemon and Coconut Cheesecake [Vegan]
For the Base:
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cup oats
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
For the Filling:
- 2 cups cashews or macadamia nuts, soaked overnight
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 2/3 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
For the Raspberry Layer:
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries, plus an extra handful
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
To Make the Base:
- Pulse the base ingredients together. Press into 2 6-inch cake pans. Freeze for 10 minutes.
To Make the Filling:
- Process all filling ingredients in a food processor on high, until smooth.
- Pour half this mixture over the base.
- Put back into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Process remainder of filling with raspberry layer ingredients
- Pour over the first layer and place in freezer for 1-2 hours, until firm.
- Decorate with extra berries, lemon slices, coconut, and chopped nuts.