Right in the heart of winter season, it's always a perfect time for a cup of hot chocolate. Hot cocoa is a classic favorite, and this spin on it uses almond milk as it's base with raspberries for a fresh fruity kick.
Raspberry Hot Chocolate [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 1 heaping tablespoon cocoa powder
- 10-15 drops stevia, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Optional Toppings: chocolate syrup, mini marshmallows, fresh raspberries
- Place fresh raspberries into a high speed blender. Blend for 30 seconds. Pour mixture through a fine mesh sieve or colander and using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, press the mixture through leaving behind the seeds.
- Add the almond milk, cocoa powder, stevia, vanilla and raspberry mixture into the same blender and blend on high until smooth. Pour into a small pot and heat over medium until warm.
- Serve topped with mini marshmallows, chocolate sauce and fresh berries, if desired.