This is a super easy and perfect way to use up those russet potatoes you found in the back of the cupboard that might have started sprouting (guilty!) The roasted chickpeas add a wonderful little crunch, and the homemade ranch dressing lends a nostalgic creaminess, all cozied up in a soft, warm pita!
Ranch Pitas With Roasted Potatoes and Chickpeas [Vegan]
- 3 medium russet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed (save the liquid for vegan meringue!)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh celery leaves, chopped
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- ½ tsp mustard (I use stoneground)
- ¼ tsp dried dill
- ¼ tsp dried tarragon
- 4-5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 soft pitas
- ¼ cup sprouts or microgreens, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a large baking sheet (or two smaller ones) with parchment paper.
- Dry off the potatoes and chickpeas and place in a medium bowl with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well to coat and transfer to the baking sheet, roast for about 40 minutes or until the potatoes are golden-brown. Flip the taters halfway through and give the chickpeas a shake.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo through and including the tarragon to make the ranch dressing. Place the spinach in a medium bowl and stir in the dressing.
- To serve, warm the pitas for about 20 seconds in the microwave. Divide the spinach evenly between the four pitas and top with a few wedges of potato, chickpeas, and sprouts each. Serve warm. There might be a few remaining potato wedges leftover, which are great with a bit of ketchup!