Rainbow vegetable saffron croquettes are just so yum! The outside gets crispy and the inside stays soft. In love with this creation! To make these croquettes for an appetizer, make 12 croquettes using a 3 tablespoon ice cream scooper!
Rainbow Vegetable Saffron Millet Croquettes [Vegan]
4 cups, enough for 6 croquettes
- 1/2 of 1red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsnip
- 1 zucchini
- A big pinch of saffron
- 1 cup uncooked millet
- 2 cups filtered water
- A pinch of salt
- High heat oil, for sautéing the croquettes
- Cook according to the packaging, adding the saffron when it’s time to reduce the millet to a simmer. Crush the saffron in your palm and drop it into the millet.
- In the meantime, organize your mise en place: dice the vegetables and mince the garlic. Water or oil sauté the vegetables until they are soft, starting with the onion, adding the garlic and a pinch of salt, then the carrot and parsnip and lastly the zucchini. Only cook the mixture for a few minutes more so that the zucchini stays bright green.
- Mix the vegetables into the millet.
- To make the croquettes, place the vegetable millet mixture into the food processor and let it rip until the vegetables are finely processed. Form six equal-sized croquettes.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet and add a small amount of oil (like one turn of the pan.) Cook until the first side is nicely browned. Flip carefully and cook the second side. Let the croquettes rest on a towel to drain the excess oil and then serve.