This dish is high in protein and makes a fantastic dish to share with guests or enjoy on a weeknight!
Quinoa with Stir-Fried Vegetables [Vegan]
- 1 large glass of quinoa (approx. 5 oz (150 g), uncooked)
- 1 raw red beet (9 oz/250 g)
- 9 oz (250 g) brown mushrooms
- 3 red onions
- soy sauce
- Rinse the quinoa under cold running water. Put the quinoa in a cooking pot and add twice the amount of water. Bring to a boil. Meanwhile, peel the red beet under running water (see tip). Dice it into ½-inch (1 cm) cubes and add these to the quinoa. Add a generous splash of olive oil and season with plenty of black pepper and a little bit of salt. Cover the pot and let simmer for about 12 minutes. Slice the onions in rings and the mushrooms in slices. Sauté them in plenty of olive oil until soft. Once they’re cooked, season with salt and pepper and add a generous splash of soy sauce.
- Check the quinoa regularly to make sure it doesn’t burn. Use a cooking ring to serve your quinoa and spoon the vegetables over the quinoa.
TIP: PEELING RED BEETS Want to avoid getting red fingers after peeling beets? Peel them under running water.