Who doesn’t love a good quinoa salad? It’s funny actually, quinoa was something my family didn’t introduce into their kitchen until a couple of years ago. We often prepare it warm, but it also makes really good leftovers as a cold salad. The great thing about quinoa is that it’s not only gluten-free, but it also contains important nutrients such as protein, fiber, and various essential vitamins and minerals. What’s not to love? Quinoa is also incredibly filling, so a little goes a long way. I made this dish for about six people as side dishes and there were still leftovers to spare.
Quinoa, Lime and Black Bean Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Quinoa, Lime and Black Bean Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 4 tbs extra-virgin olive oil, more if necessary
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch of salt
- 1⁄4 tsp cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 2-3 vine-ripened tomatoes (I also added some organic salsa)
- 1 can black beans
- 1/3 chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- black pepper, to taste
How to Prepare Quinoa, Lime and Black Bean Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and water has evaporated. Be sure to set aside to cool.
- Whisk oil, lime juice, and spices together in a bowl to make the dressing.
- Combine quinoa, tomatoes/salsa, cuban black beans, cilantro, and onion together in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the quinoa mixture and toss. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.