The difference between bagged quinoa and Wonder Bread is that quinoa has one ingredient (quinoa); a loaf of Wonder Bread has more than 20. Oh, and the 4th, 5th, and 6th are sugar (what??). The fewer ingredients, the better. These little muffins are like delicious handheld bites of garlic bread! And bonus, they're gluten-free!
Quinoa Garlic Bread Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 6 tbsp hot water
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 2 tbsp garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese (check ingredients for soy-free and wheat-free)
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- coconut oil or olive oil for pan
- Boil water. Combine water with flax meal and set aside to gel up.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease muffin tray with coconut oil or olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, flax mixture, almond meal, garlic, grated cheese and nutritional yeast. Stir well to combine.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tray.
We made ours in a regular muffin tin, but you could also use a mini muffin tin to double the yield (and make your garlic bread even more adorable).