Did you know that if you make nacho chips in a healthy way, you can enjoy it every week with absolute no guilt? Yup, that's right! Take these quinoa flax nacho chips for instance. They're made from nutrient-dense quinoa and chickpea flour, have healthy flax seeds throughout, and are baked instead of fried. Top with avocado and some healthy tomato salsa and there you have it: healthy nachos!
Quinoa Flax Nachos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 3/4 cup quinoa flour
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup water
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir together until a dough forms. Leave it to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan over medium heat and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Once the dough has rested, break off golf ball size pieces and place between two pieces of parchment paper. Roll each one as thin as possible and remove the top layer of parchment paper. Sprinkle with additional salt.
- Once the pan has heated, place the dough in the pan, placing the side that has the parchment paper removed on the heat, and wait 20-30 seconds for the bottom layer to start to cook. Once it does, gently remove the top layer of parchment paper. Cook on that side for another 10-20 seconds and then flip to cook the second side for 30 seconds, or until just golden brown.
- Remove the flatbread from the pan, place on a rack to cool and then repeat for the remainder of the dough.
- Once all the dough has been cooked in the pan and cooled on a rack, slice into triangle pieces and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.