These crêpes are a little thicker than normal crepes and a lot more satisfying and filling than the regular white flour ones. You can also easily make the crepes savory by omitting the maple syrup and vanilla. Top them off with fresh berries and you have a scrumptious treat for breakfast.
Quinoa Crêpes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 cups quinoa flour
- 4 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coconut oil spray or oil/vegan butter of choice, for frying
- Begin by processing your flax seeds in a high speed blender if not already ground.
- Add all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and whisk together until well combined and a crepe batter forms.
- Heat some coconut oil in your crepe pan/pan on medium heat. Make sure your pan is hot enough before you start frying your crepes.
- Using a ladle, add some of the batter onto your pan and spread it around in a circular motion until the batter covers the pan in a thin layer.
- Cook for a few minutes until the edges are golden and can lift up easily. Flip to the other side and cook for a few more minutes.
- Repeat until you have used up all your batter.
- Serve with fresh berries, healthy vegan nutella, or any toppings you like.