This cake is dense, rich and absolutely delicious. It is packed with chocolate, quinoa, and orange zest which combine to make an irresistible pallet of flavors. Works perfectly as a dessert or as a treat with coffee.
Quinoa, Chocolate, and Orange Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup, plus 2 3/4 tablespoons quinoa, cooked
- 2 tablespoons pure cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons rice flour
- 3 chia eggs (3 tablespoons of chia seeds plus 9 tablespoons of water)
- 3.5 ounces vegan chocolate
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the chia seeds with the water and let it stand.
- In a bowl, mix quinoa with cocoa powder, flour, sugar, and baking soda.
- Wash the orange and collect the zest. Add it to the mixture.
- Melt half the chocolate and add it to the cake.
- Cut the rest finely and add to the dough.
- Add the applesauce and chia seeds.
- Grease a rectangular pan and pour the dough into it.
- Bake it for about 25 minutes.
- Allow it to cool completely before removing it from the mold.
- Place orange rings on the cake.