This 30-minute spicy vegan peanut soup will be your new favorite. Hearty and creamy, it's packed with tender butternut squash, collard greens, and tofu. So healthy and flavorful! This vegan peanut soup is perfect for freezing so you can have leftovers on busy days — it's also a great way to stretch your dollar because it uses filling, affordable ingredients and can last longer by serving it with grains.
30-Minute Spicy Peanut Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Soup:
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder/fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste (or more if you like it very spicy)
- 1 medium potato
- 1 cup butternut squash, diced
- 1/2 block firm tofu
- 1 bunch collard greens, destemmed and chopped
- 3 1/2-4 cups vegetable stock (this depends on how liquidy you want the soup to be)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (unsalted)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup passata
For the Toppings:
- Roasted peanuts
- Lemon juice
- 4 portions of brown rice (omit for grain-free)
- Cut all the vegetables as instructed and place them into the pressure cook (or normal pot).
- Whisk together the peanut butter, tomato paste, curry paste, passata, and a bit of the vegetable stock until creamy.
- Add the creamy sauce and the remaining vegetable stock into the pressure cook pot.
- Close the lid, choose the soup menu and cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice, peanuts, and lemon on top.
- If you are left with too much liquid after cooking, simply add 1-2 tablespoons of tapioca or corn starch for creaminess.
Inspired by Cookie + Kate