Puttanesca is a classic Italian pasta dish invented in Naples in the mid-20th century and made typically with tomatoes, olive oil, olives, capers, anchovies, and garlic. This quick and easy vegan version omits the anchovies. The capers and Kalamata olives still providing plenty of umami saltiness, while the spirulina pasta provides a taste of the sea.
Ingredients You Need for Puttanesca [Vegan]
- 5.3 ounces Fettuccini
- .7 ounces Olive oil
- .35 ounces Garlic minced
- 10.5 ounces Cherry tomato cut in half
- .7 ounces Capers rinsed and chopped
- 1.75 ounces Olives kalamata
- 1 each Red chili sliced
- 1 ounce Parsley Italian
- 1 teaspoon Pink salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper - ground to taste
How to Prepare Puttanesca [Vegan]
- Crush garlic clove
- Rinse and finely chop capers
- Wash and chop parsley
- Drain and slice Kalamata olives
- Boil some water, add salt, cook Fettuccine for 8 to 10 minutes, or as according to packet instructions.
- Heat frying pan
- Add olive oil, followed by crushed garlic; cook gently for 2 minutes
- Add chili and tomatoes; cook for 8-10 minutes
- Add the chopped caper and olives to the sauce
- Drain the cooked pasta.
- Add the drained pasta to sauce, mix it all together
- Add chopped parsley and check seasoning
- Sprinkle with some extra olives and capers to garnish
- Top with some fresh parsley leaf and a drizzle of olive oil
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.