Purple cabbage is one of those mysterious vegetables. There aren’t a lot of creative ways how to cook it. But as this vegetable offers massive health benefits, and this an easy way for you could cook it in a fast and creative way.
Purple Cabbage Steaks With Peanut Butter Sauce [Vegan]
For the Purple Cabbage Steaks:
- 1 medium size purple cabbage
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Himalaya or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
For Peanut Butter Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of salted peanut butter (or add extra salt if it’s plain)
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of water
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or brown sugar or coconut sugar)
- Preheat the oven to 360°F. Slice the cabbage steaks 1/2 inch thick and lay on a baking paper covered pan. Sprinkle with some olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake the steaks for 20 – 25 minutes until the outside layer gets few brown spots (be careful not to burn them!).
- In the meantime, make the sauce. Put all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Adjust the taste if needed.
- Serve the cabbage steak sprinkled with the peanut butter sauce.