Creamy Lentil Soup is a hearty vegan one-pot soup with lentils, pumpkin, and spinach. Great for a cold winter day! This one-pot soup is vegan, gluten-free and only takes about 30 minutes to make!
Pumpkin Spinach Creamy Lentil Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoon leeks, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 handful red lentils
- 1 handful split peas
- 1 cup pumpkin (red kuri, diced)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water, or as needed
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Red paprika, turmeric, thyme to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegan cooking cream (soy cream) to thicken
- 1 cup young spinach leaves
- Peel and slice onions, slice carrots and leek, and dice potatoes.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pot, then add the vegetables and cook on medium, stirring regularly, for a couple of minutes, until the vegetables turn to soften.
- Then, add lentils, split peas and pumpkin, and pour over with vegetable stock. Add more water if in need of liquid. Season to taste, bring to a boil, then cook on low for about 30 minutes, or until the lentils and vegetables are cooked through.
- Remove about half the soup from pot, and blend it with an immersion blender. Blend until smooth to your liking, then add it back to the rest of the soup and stir to combine.
- Finish the soup with about a tablespoon of vegan cooking cream and stir in a cup of baby spinach leaves. Taste check and if needed, season to your liking. Serve hot.