It is truly the season of the tea loaf. This loaf is perfect alone or with a cup of tea (or coffee), perfect for breakfast or elevenses or lunch or supper. Perfect as it comes or slathered with a wee bit of vegan butter. The tea loaf conquers all!
Pumpkin Spice Tea Loaf [Vegan]
- 2 cups plain wholewheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soya milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 1 cup extras (raisins, chocolate chips, nuts)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F and grease or line a loaf tin.
- In one bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, and spices) and whisk well.
- Let the lemon juice sit in the milk for a few minutes. In another bowl combine the sugar, pumpkin, and oil. Add the milk and lemon juice, and mix well.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet. Then, fold in the extra cup of goodies (raisins, chocolate chips, nuts).
- Turn the mixture into the loaf tin, and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown on top and a wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Pumpkin Spice