A dramatic, spiced version of a classic Spanish coffee with warming brandy, fragrant orange and comforting baking spices.
Pumpkin Spice Spanish Coffee [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Pumpkin Spice Spanish Coffee [Vegan]
For the Chai Cocktail:
- 1 oz. (30 ml) rum or brandy (100 proof/50% ABV)
- 2/3 oz. (20 ml) orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier)
- 1 oz. (30 ml) oat milk
- 1–2 teaspoons (5-10 ml) pumpkin spice syrup
- 3 oz. (90 ml) hot espresso coffee
- lemon wedge, sugar and mixed spice, for the rim of the glass
- orange wedge studded with cloves, to garnish
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) high ABV/ proof rum or brandy, to set on ﬁre (optional)
How to Prepare Pumpkin Spice Spanish Coffee [Vegan]
- Add the main drink ingredients to a heatproof jug/pitcher and stir together. Wet the rim of a warmed heatproof glass with a lemon wedge and roll in sugar and mixed spice. Pour the hot coffee cocktail mixture into the glass, garnish with the clove-studded orange wedge and serve at once.
Variation: If you want a bit of theatre, before pouring the drink into the glass add 10 ml/2 tsp of the high proof rum/brandy to the glass and light on ﬁre, then carefully rotate the glass to caramelize the sugar rim whilst simultaneously sprinkling over the spice mix. To put out the ﬁre, pour over the hot coffee cocktail.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.