When you’re looking for a special treat to make, may we suggest these scrumptious donut holes? The donut holes are made with pumpkin and the delicious spiced flavors of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and all-spice that accompany it so perfectly. Hope this recipe adds to many good memories, and slow moments of happiness!
Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/3 cup vegan butter substitute and 1 teaspoon for greasing pan
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup vanilla rice milk
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup vegan butter substitute, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a mini muffin pan with vegan butter alternative.
- In a medium bowl add gluten-free flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Whisk to sift ingredients, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add 1/3 cup vegan butter alternative, ½ cup cane sugar, and pumpkin puree. Beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the flour mixture 1/2 at a time, and mix until combined.
- Add the rice milk and beat until smooth.
- Divide the batter amongst the 24 mini muffin cups, about 1 tablespoon batter or a rounded melon baller per muffin cup.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Add 1 cup of cane sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice to a large zip top bag, and shake to mix ingredients together.
- Melt the 1/2 cup of vegan butter alternative.
- Dip each donut hole into the melted vegan butter, turning to coat the entire donut hole.
- Drop the donut hole into the bag of spiced sugar. Shake to evenly coat each donut hole. Repeat for all 24 donut holes.