So it started.. the pumpkin recipes! And what better way to start than a Vegan Pumpkin Protein Bar! They're a yummy and filling afternoon snack that goes great with a good cup of tea!
Pumpkin Protein Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Pumpkin Protein Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla flavor drops
- 1/2 cup vanilla vegan protein blend
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice (ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves)
- Pinch salt
- Toppings: Melted chocolate, pumpkin seeds
How to Prepare Pumpkin Protein Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Combine almond butter, pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. (Dough should be almost playdough-like.)
- Place dough in a lined 8x4inch baking pan and firmly press down using a spatula.
- Refrigerate for an hour or until set.
- Remove from fridge and cut into 8 pieces.
- Optional: top with melted chocolate and chopped pumpkin seeds - Store in fridge or freezer.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.