As soon as fall hits, we immediately start craving comforting, warm foods despite whether the temperature outside has gotten colder yet or not! Comfort food has arrived in the form of this pumpkin polenta. Creamy and warm, it will hit the spot and makes you want to curl up under a blanket.
Pumpkin Polenta With Wilted Spiced Greens [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Pumpkin Polenta With Wilted Spiced Greens [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Polenta:
- 3 cups water
- 1 vegan vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- Good pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup polenta
For the Wilted Spiced Greens:
- 1 head of kale, ribs removed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Safflower oil or other oil of your choice
How to Prepare Pumpkin Polenta With Wilted Spiced Greens [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Combine the water, bouillon cube, pumpkin purée, salt, herbes de Provence, and nutmeg in a pot over high heat.
- Whisk to combine, then bring the mixture to a low boil. Once the liquid boils, add the polenta, whisking it in.
- Immediately drop the heat to a simmer and continue whisking until the polenta has thickened (about 5 minutes). Taste the polenta and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add a bit of oil. Add the kale, salt, garam masala, and lemon zest and toss to coat. Cook until the kale is just wilted, then remove from the heat.
Total Calories: 707 | Total Carbs: 140 g | Total Fat: 4 g | Total Protein: 22 g | Total Sodium: 1496 g | Total Sugar: 5 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.