Mmmm…fall! It’s here and I cannot wait for lots and lots of pumpkin, squash, sweet potato and all things that scream "fall." There is nothing like a gorgeous, sky-high stack of pumpkin peanut butter pancakes with buckwheat to brighten your day and fill you up!
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Pumpkin Peanut Butter Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup unsweetened nut or coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (or other nut butter if peanut allergies are an issue)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons certified gluten-free buckwheat flour (all-purpose or whole wheat works fine as well)
- 2 tbsp almond flour (or oat flour, whole wheat flour, or more buckwheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch pink Himalayan salt
- Pinch ginger (or freshly grated)
- Coconut oil or favorite vegan butter for the skillet
How to Prepare Pumpkin Peanut Butter Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Pour the cup of unsweetened milk and apple cider vinegar in a large bowl. Let it sit for five minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, in order, stirring in between the wet and dry ingredients to make sure they are evenly distributed –especially the peanut butter.
- Heat the skillet to a medium-high heat. The higher the temperature, the higher the pancake will be, just make sure it doesn't burn! If it burns, it's too hot.
- Pour on skillet in desired shape and cook on both sides. Repeat.
Freeze these pancakes and use them throughout the week! Because they are so dense, they make an excellent “McGriddle” bread. Just pour syrup on the pancakes while they’re warm, freeze, then throw in the toaster when you’re ready to use them!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 896 | Total Carbs: 157 g | Total Fat: 21 g | Total Protein: 23 g | Total Sodium: 4033 g | Total Sugar: 66 g Calculation not included vegan butter/oil used for skillet.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.