A Milanese does not necessarily have to be meat, in fact, a breaded and fried food is called a Milanese. We have prepared these pumpkin slices that besides delicious, are just an original and different way to serve pumpkin. The milanesas are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Pumpkin Milanesas [Vegan]
- 2 1/4 cup of pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of mixed herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Cut into thick slices half a centimeter thick.
- In a bowl put the chickpea flour and add the water little by little beating with a fork until it is a texture similar to a beaten egg.
- In another bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the garlic and onion powder, the salt and the herbs.
- We passed each pumpkin slice first through the bowl with the chickpea flour and then through the bread crumbs.
- Heat a pan with a little oil and cook the milanesas until golden brown on both sides or bake for half an hour at 360ºF. Place the milanesas on paper of kitchen to eliminate the excess of oil and we serve them with vegetable or another lining.