Fluffy, sticky, and goeey these pumpkin cinnamon rolls are smothered in a thick icing and will leave you wanting to eat the whole batch. Perfect for this season…or any time of year really. They are that worth it.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls [Vegan]
For the Cinnamon Rolls:
- 2 3/4 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoon melted butter
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, milk, and sugar. Cook until butter is completely melted. Transfer to a small bowl and cool till warm to touch. Sprinkle over yeast. Let sit for 10 minutes. Whisk in pumpkin puree.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine the flour, spices, and salt. Pour in the wet mixture. Stir until combined and a soft, but thick dough forms. It shouldn't be sticky to touch. Form into a loose ball and place in a clean lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for an hour.
- While dough is rising, prepare the filling. Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl until combined.
- Punch dough down. Roll out to a 11x12 rectangle. Clean up edges with a pizza cutter or knife. Spread over filling evenly along the whole rectangle leaving 1/2 inch room on the edges. Taking the edge closest to you, roll the rectangle tightly. Cut into 1 1/2 inch wide pieces.
- Place rolls in a lightly oiled 8-inch round baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for an additional hour in a warm place.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Bake the rolls for 30-35 min. till golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing. Top with icing (1 cup powdered sugar + 1-2 tablespoons non-dairy milk). Enjoy!