These pumpkin cinnamon rolls are delicious and indulgent. The pumpkin dough, with a touch of spiced sugar in the middle, topped off with creamy frosting loaded with flecks of vanilla bean, is so tasty and delightful. They're the perfect cozy weekend breakfast. Please enjoy each and every bite!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls [Vegan]
For the Dough:
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter spread, room temperature, plus more for greasing pan
- 1/4 cup Almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
For the Filling:
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter spread, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter spread, room temperature
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond milk, plus more if needed to reach desired consistency
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a cake pan with parchment paper, grease paper and pan with vegan butter spread to prevent sticking.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend vegan butter spread, pumpkin puree, almond milk and vinegar until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl, half at a time; gently mix until combined being careful not to over mix the dough.
- On a generously floured surface (flour the rolling pin too!) roll the dough into a rectangle 1/4 inch thick. Cut the edges of the dough with a pastry cutter or knife into fairly straight lines. The approximate size of the rectangle should be 8 inches wide, by 14 inches long, and 1/4 inch thickness.