With pumpkin season here, this pumpkin bread is just the thing you need. The texture is so fluffy and almost melts in your mouth. Infused with pumpkin spice, naturally sweet roasted pumpkin puree and topped with a creamy vanilla frosting, it’s the must have recipe this season!
Pumpkin Bread [Vegan]
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons aquafaba (water from a tin of chickpeas)
- 1 cup roasted pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup rapeseed/coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup non dairy milk
- 1/4 pumpkin seeds
Vanilla Chai Frosting
- 1 tin of coconut milk - just the solid part of the can
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder/extract
- ½ teaspoon chai or pumpkin spice
- Preheat oven to 360°F. Line a loaf pan with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients for the cake apart from the pumpkin seeds. Make a well in the middle and add in the wet ingredients, including pumpkin puree, stirring from the middle to combine and then gradually stir into the dry ingredients until evenly combined. Try not to over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf tin, sprinkling over pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Prepare frosting by scooping out the fat from a tin of coconut milk into a small bowl. Stir through vanilla and chai spice and spread onto cake. Top with a few more pumpkin seeds, if desired.
- Best kept in the fridge for up to 4 days and allow to come to room temperature before eating.