Tasty, easy, and flavorful pumpkin bread made from 100% plant-based ingredients. This pumpkin bread is perfect for autumn + wintertime but it really can be enjoyed all year round.
Pumpkin Bread [Vegan]
- 1 flax egg made from 1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoon water
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin pie puree (regular pumpkin puree works too)
- 1 cup golden monk fruit
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (if using regular pumpkin puree add 2 teaspoons of cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil
- 5 tablespoon plant-based milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Pepitas topping
- Set oven to 350°F and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Add the flax egg ingredients to a small dish and mix to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add your dry ingredients - flours, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and golden monk fruit. Mix to combine.
- Add the pumpkin pie puree, plant-based milk, coconut oil, and the flax egg in a separate bowl. Mix to combine.
- Then add into the dry ingredients. Be sure not to over mix.
- Pour mixture into your loaf pan and press the pepitas on top.
- Bake for no more than 1 hour and 25 minutes.
- Let cool and serve!
The bread can be left out of the refrigerator for a week, but make sure it’s in an airtight container.