These puff pastry straws are so simple to make and so delicious! Give them a go!
Puff Pastry Straws [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup non dairy milk
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup grated hazelnuts
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon rum
- 1 puff pastry
- 1/8 cup grated hazelnuts
- 5/8 cup icing sugar
- water for mixing
- Heat the oven to 400ºF and line 1 baking sheet.
- Unfold or unroll the puff pastry sheet.
- Slice the puff pastry into two halves.
- Spread the nut to half the puff pastry.
- Place the second half on top.
- Cut the pastry into long strips.
- Transfer each strip to one of the baking sheets, spaced an inch or so apart.
- Brush with a little non dairy milk and sprinkle with the grated hazelnuts.
- Bake 15 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool until the straws are firm enough to lift from the sheet without bending transfer to a cooling rack or serving plate mix the sugar glaze and spread over the walnut sticks.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile