These savory waffles will make everyone happy. For those who have more of a savory tooth than a sweet tooth, these waffles will not only satisfy you, but they also have lots of protein to keep you going all day long!
Protein-Packed Cheesy Zucchini Cornbread Waffles [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup organic refined coconut oil
- 3 egg replacers
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup shredded almond cheese
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, squeezed
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup toasted walnut crumbs
- 3/4 cup fine cornmeal
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
- In a bowl, whisk together coconut oil, vegan eggs and milk.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Spray your waffle maker and add batter according to your waffle maker's instructions.
- I topped mine with a little extra cheese right before serving, so it slightly melted.