You do not need to be an experienced baker for this delicious nutrient-dense bread, and you will not have a kitchen covered from head to toe in flour. All you need is a food processor, a bowl, your baking tins, and just 15 minutes of your time.
Power Bread With Sunflower Seeds, Flax Seeds, Sesame Seeds, and Pumpkin Seeds [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Power Bread With Sunflower Seeds, Flax Seeds, Sesame Seeds, and Pumpkin Seeds [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons ground psyllium husk
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup flax seeds
- 1/3 cup hulled sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 3/4 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons organic extra virgin coconut oil, melted
How to Prepare Power Bread With Sunflower Seeds, Flax Seeds, Sesame Seeds, and Pumpkin Seeds [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Put 1 1/2 cups filtered water into a large bowl and add the ground psyllium husk and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the raw almonds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, and pumpkin seeds into a food processor. Pulse a few times to chop the seeds and nuts and add to psyllium mixture after 10 minutes have passed.
- Then add the rolled oats, the currants, the fine sea salt, and coconut oil to the pysllium/seed mixture. With a spatula mix thoroughly.
- Lightly oil the two mini baking tins, and fill with the seed mixture. Pack it down so it molds nicely into an even loaf shape. (You can also do 1 large loaf, but you will have to bake it longer, 60-70 minutes)
- Let the bread sit on the counter for about an hour and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake the bread for about 45-50 minutes. You will be able to smell the toasted nuts and it will have a golden brown color. When done the bread should easily slide out of the baking tins and make a hollow sound when tapped. Allow to cool on a rack and continue to cool in refrigerator before slicing. Each mini loaf should make about 15 individual slices.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind. Make two mini loafs instead of 1 large loaf. This way your bread slices are taller. Let the mixture sit in the tin about an hour before baking. It allows the soluble fiber from the psyllium, flax and oats to bind throughout the seed mixture. Let the bread cool completely on the counter, and again in the refrigerator before slicing. Once cooled its much easier to pre-slice the bread, and freeze half of the slices for later.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Flax Seed
- Pumpkin Seed
- Sesame Seeds
- Sunflower Seed
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 82 | Carbs: 6g | Fat: 5g | Protein: 3g | Sodium: 2mg | Sugar: 0gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.