Potato stuffed chili peppers, or mirchi vada, is a popular Indian snack that is typically served with sauce or chutney. They're spicy, comforting, and just burst with flavor in your mouth. Serve with hot sauce if you're a spicy lover or a creamy dip if you need something to balance out the heat.
Potato Stuffed Chili Peppers [Vegan]
For the Stuffing:
- 5-6 medium sized potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon dried mango powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
For the Batter:
- 2 cups gram flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Oil, to deep fry
For the Peppers:
- 6 white chili peppers
To Make the Stuffing:
- Heat a pan. Add coriander seeds and fennel seeds and toast. Remove and slightly crush them.
- In a plate, add boiled potatoes, chopped coriander, red chili powder, garam masala powder, dried mango powder, toasted and crushed coriander seeds, fennel seeds, and salt.
- Mash well to make a mixture.
To Make the Batter:
- In a bowl, add gram flour, 1 teaspoon salt, water, and whisk well to prepare a thick batter. Add baking soda and whisk well again.
To Make the Stuffed Peppers:
- Now scoop out the seeds from the peppers. Slit lengthwise and discard seeds.
- Wash peppers and dry them with a cloth. Stuff with potato mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Now coat the peppers with the batter and deep fry them until they are crisp and golden.
- Drain on an absorbent paper. Serve piping hot.
- Potato Recipes