A delicious side dish that's perfect for any occasion! Potatoes, caramelized onions and walnuts - what could be better?
Potato Salad With Caramelized Onions and Walnuts [Vegan]
- 3 1/3 pounds of potatoes
- 9 1/2 ounces onions, in thin slices
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 6 tablespoons walnuts, coarsely ground
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic
- salt and pepper
- Clean and cut the potatoes. Put them in salted water to boil. In the meantime heat up 4 tablespoons oil in a non-stick frying pan and sauté the onions in a very low heat with the rosemary.
- Throw in half of the balsamic. Salt and pepper and allow to simmer until translucent. Add the remaining oil with the remaining balsamic.
- Strain the potatoes, put them in a bowl and drizzle them with 2 tablespoons of oil. Place them on a platter. Put the caramelized onions on top. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and nuts.