A delicious side dish that's perfect for any occasion! Potatoes, caramelized onions and walnuts - what could be better?
Potato Salad With Caramelized Onions and Walnuts [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Potato Salad With Caramelized Onions and Walnuts [Vegan]
- 3 1/3 pounds of potatoes
- 9 1/2 ounces onions, in thin slices
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 6 tablespoons walnuts, coarsely ground
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic
- salt and pepper
How to Prepare Potato Salad With Caramelized Onions and Walnuts [Vegan]
- Clean and cut the potatoes. Put them in salted water to boil. In the meantime heat up 4 tablespoons oil in a non-stick frying pan and sauté the onions in a very low heat with the rosemary.
- Throw in half of the balsamic. Salt and pepper and allow to simmer until translucent. Add the remaining oil with the remaining balsamic.
- Strain the potatoes, put them in a bowl and drizzle them with 2 tablespoons of oil. Place them on a platter. Put the caramelized onions on top. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and nuts.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.