The sky is the limit when it comes to the ingredients you can make dairy-free cheese with. Cashews, almonds, seeds, and even potatoes — yes, potatoes. This creamy cheese is made from a base of potatoes and carrots with nutritional yeast, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder for flavor. It's completely nut-free and easy to make, so if you're allergic to nuts, this is the cheese of your dreams! Use it as a spread for sandwiches and wraps or serve it with crackers,
Potato and Carrot Cheese [Vegan]
- 2 White potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 1/2 teaspoons agar agar powder
- Peel and chop the potatoes and carrots and boil them in salted water until soft.
- Put the vegetables, 1 cup water, nutritional yeast, tahini, and spices to taste in the bowl of a blender and blend until a creamy sauce without lumps forms.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and heat it. When it begins to boil, add the agar agar, mix well, turning down the heat, and let cook a few more minutes.
- Sprinkle the bottom of a round silicone mould with oregano. Pour the mixture into the pan and let cool in the refrigerator for several hours. Turn the cheese out of the mould and used like any cheese spread.