This portobello bacon is so flavorful, crispy and delicious. It goes well in salads or by itself. For plant based eaters, it is a dream. And for meat eaters, it may be a surprising treat as well. Give it a go!
Portobello Bacon [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Portobello Bacon [Vegan]
- 3 medium sized portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 3-4 drops liquid paprika
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
How to Prepare Portobello Bacon [Vegan]
- Start with cutting the Mushrooms into really thin slices. Either with the knive or the mandoline.
- In a bowl, mix the oil, maple/agave/coconut blossom syrup, the liquid smoke and spices.
- Place the mushrooms inside and carefully massage the marinate into the mushrooms.
- Let this mixture sit for at least 30 minutes up to 1 night.
- Meanwhile cook your main dish or prepare the sauce
- For the sauce mix all ingredients together and stir until you get an emulsion (creamy sauce).
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the mushrooms on a baking tray – take care that they do not overlap.
- Bake them for around 15 minutes. Take out the tray and turn the mushrooms to create the extra crisp.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.