This plant based curry is perfect to serve alongside rice!
Plant Based Red Bean Curry [Vegan]
- 1 cup diced red onion (130g)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (15oz / 425g) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15oz / 425g) kidney beans
- 1 cup water (235ml)
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (optional but yummy)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (10 turns)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- Heat a medium-sized pot over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes, adding a splash of water and stirring when they start to brown.
- Add the garlic and green onions and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the tomatoes, kidney beans, water, coconut aminos (if using), cinnamon stick, red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, ginger powder, black pepper, cumin powder and bay leaf. Simmer with a lid on the pot at an angle, for 20 - 25 minutes, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the spinach. Remove the cinnamon stick and bayleaf before serving.