This soup is chock full of healthy and wholesome ingredients to warm you up this chilly season! This soup comes together easily and makes enough for you to have leftover for the week!
Plant Based Hot and Sour Soup [Vegan]
For the Soup:
- 3 cups mushrooms 175g / any variety, sliced
- 1 cup firm tofu liquid pressed out and then cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup daikon radish 65g, chopped
- 3 cups Chinese cabbage 60g, sliced
- 1 tablespoon green onions use the bottom white part, sliced
For the Broth:
- 1 carton low sodium 32oz / 1 liter, oil free vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce 60ml
- 3 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Aminos
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and left whole
- 1 tablespoon peeled and roughly chopped ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons garbanzo bean flour
Make the broth by placing all of the broth ingredients into your blender and blending until totally smooth, without any chunks of garlic or ginger (vegetable broth, soy sauce, brown rice vinegar, Coconut Aminos, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, white pepper, garbanzo bean flour).
Transfer the broth to a large pot and add the mushrooms, tofu, daikon, cabbage and green onions. Bring to a boil and then turn down the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add salt to taste if needed.