These pistachio cookies are sublime!
Pistachio Cookies [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Pistachio Cookies [Vegan]
For the Cookies:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons roughly chopped pistachios
- 6 tablespoons chocolate chips
How to Prepare Pistachio Cookies [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 15 x 13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the cookies; Add the almond flour, tahini, coconut nectar, pumpkin puree, baking soda, and chocolate chips to a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Take about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the dough, shape it into a ball and place it on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat until you have used up all the dough, placing the balls about 2 inches apart. Flatten each ball gently using your fingertips dipped in water so they don’t stick to the dough. Put a small indentation in the of the dough with your index finger.
- Press a few roughly chopped pistachios into each indentation.
- Bake the cookies until they are a light golden brown around the edges, about 18 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet from front to back halfway through baking.
- Transfer the baking sheet from the oven to a wire rack, and let it sit for the 10 minutes before removing the cookies to cook completely.
- To make the drizzle; Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler and then with a small spoon drizzle the melted chocolate onto the cookies. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.