I wanted to come up with a “healthier” pancake recipe that was still delicious but was different. I know, why mess with a good thing? But trust me… I’m not messin’ around when I say these are the new way to pancake!
Pink Pancakes With Chia Pudding and Fresh Berries [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Pancakes:
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- Vegan butter/coconut oil (for cooking)
- Fresh berries (for garnishing)
For the Chia Pudding:
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 cups almond milk/creamer or other nut milk
- 1-2 teaspoons dragon fruit powder (for the pink/purple color)
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Make your chia pudding by stirring the nut milk/creamer and chia seeds, and dragon fruit powder (if using) and optional maple syrup together in a glass. Cover and chill overnight.
- Heat your large skillet or pancake griddle over low heat.
- Make the batter by combining all the ingredients in your blender and blending until smooth. Note: batter will be thick.
- Add butter/coconut oil in your skillet (I use about 1 teaspoon per batch).
- Cook the pancakes only a few minutes per side (these seem to burn more quickly).
- Top your pancakes with the chia pudding and fresh berries!
Make your chia pudding the night before so it has time to set up