It's sweet, it's spicy, and it's a whole lotta delicious — these pineapple jalapeño burgers are a must-make. The patties are made from mashed chickpeas combined with chopped pineapple and jalapeño, so each bite bursts with flavor. Throw them on a bun with some barbecue sauce and vegan cheese and dig in.
Pineapple Jalapeño Chickpea Burger [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 a 15.5-ounce can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 3 pineapple slices
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs, gluten-free if needed
- Mash chickpeas. If needed, add a tablespoon of water to help mash the beans. Feel free to add a 1 tablespoon of pineapple juice to the beans
- Chop pineapple and jalapeño. Add to beans. Mix everything up with bread crumbs and form patties
- Fry burgers in oil on a skillet until brown on both sides.
This recipe was inspired by Connoisseurus Veg.