Tender potatoes and cauliflower florets are tossed in oil and salt, baked, and then coated in a flavorful pesto marinade. Fresh basil, fragrant garlic, and a bit of onion powder pack this dish with flavor. This side will accompany any dinner beautifully.
Pesto Roasted Potatoes and Cauliflower [Vegan]
- 4 medium potatoes cubed
- 1 medium cauliflower chopped
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 packed cup basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- A dash of onion powder
- Nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- Coat cubed potatoes in 1 tablespoon oil and a dash of salt. Bake for 55 minutes at 400°F.
- Coat chopped cauliflower in 1 tablespoon oil and a dash of salt. Bake for 45 minutes at 400°F.
- In a food processor, blend a 1/2 cup of basil, a 1/2 cup pine nuts, salt, 1 garlic clove, a dash of onion powder, and 3 tablespoons of oil, more if desired.
- Allow vegetables to cool for a minute or two once done cooking before coating in pesto. Serve.