This ice cream is a twist on your classic nice cream and includes persimmons, as well! It's made from whole foods, so it's a healthy treat when you want to enjoy something sweet!
Persimmon Ice Cream [Vegan]
- 3 bananas very ripe and spotty and frozen overnight
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1 persimmon soft and ripe, hachiya or fuyu variety will work
- 1 Medjoul date pitted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds whole
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs optional
- Peel and freeze very ripe (with black spots on the peel) bananas overnight, until completely frozen. Chop into 2-3 pieces for easier blending later.
- Take the top off the persimmon, and place in the blender, with peel on.
- Add cinnamon, pitted date, flax seeds, ginger, and frozen bananas .
- Blend until completely smooth using a high-speed blender or food processor Optional: top with cacao nibs