The warmth of a cup of hot chocolate. The zing of a little peppermint. All in a cookie. This cookie puts it together with all of the flavor, but none of the sugar crash. Eat it. Dunk it. Take it to a cookie exchange. Leave it out for Santa. Just don’t call it ordinary.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 cup vegan butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 scoops egg replacer and water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 drops food-grade peppermint essential oil
- 1/4 cup vegan marshmallows
- 2 cups Chocolate frosting
- 4 candy canes to top (crushed)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, stir all cookie ingredients together (use hands to mix thoroughly).
- Roll into balls bigger than a golf ball.
- Place on baking try covered with parchment paper and press down slightly.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Let cool and cover with frosting and crushed candy canes.