These pecan blueberry muffins are moist with a crunch from the pecans. And they are just the right amount of sweetness. So good!
Pecan Blueberry Muffins [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon ground flax or flax/chia meal
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup plain, unsweetened applesauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup raw coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup rolled gluten-free oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup crushed pecan pieces
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries tossed in 1 tablespoon flour mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray your muffin or mini muffin pan with baking or oil spray - I used olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together ground flax and water for your flax egg.
- Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment or in a bowl, I added the bananas and mash.
- Add the remaining ingredients through vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, add flour through salt and blend well.
- Then add the flax egg mixture and your dry to your wet mixture and blend until just combined.
- In a small bowl gently toss your blueberries with one 1 tablespoon of your gf flour.
- This will prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
- By hand, fold your nuts and blueberries into the wet batter.
- Using a scoop, gently fill your muffin wells ¾ of the way filled.
- I topped each with a banana slice or pecan but that's optional.
- Bake for 22 -26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- I used a mini muffin pan and it took exactly 22 minutes.