A perfect summer treat with no added sugar. This nice cream is made from frozen bananas and a swirl of peanut butter and mashed strawberries. It's that simple! To make it even more special, add a 4-ingredient cookie dough crumble. Everything can be made in the food processor, making it fuss-free and healthy!
Peanut Butter Strawberry Swirl Nice Cream With Cookie Dough Crumble [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Ingredients:
- 4 bananas, frozen
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
For the Cookie Dough Crumble:
- 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk of choice or water
- 1 teaspoon cocoa nibs (optional)
- Start by freezing the bananas. Slice them and freeze them in an airtight container or plastic bag overnight or for at least 12 hours.
To Make the Cookie Dough Crumble:
- In a food processor, add your oats, peanuts, dates and milk (or water). Process until you get a coarse mixture. Transfer the mixture to a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, mash your strawberries. You can leave some texture as desired.
To Make the Nice Cream:
- Add your frozen bananas in a food processor. Process until smooth (add a splash of milk if needed). Stir in your peanut butter and mashed strawberries.
- Transfer the nice cream in a serving bowl or glass. Top with the oat crumble and serve.
You can use frozen strawberries. Either thaw them in the microwave or in the fridge overnight. I used salted peanut butter. You can make this nut-free by using sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter. You could omit the cookie dough crumble or try it with sunflower seeds.