The great thing about this recipe is not only its simplicity but also its versatility! You could even make it completely nut-free by using sunflower seed butter! Similarly, the maple syrup can be replaced with another liquid sweetener and the oat flour can easily be substituted with almond flour.
Peanut Butter Pretzel Ice Cream Sandwiches [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or almond, cashew, sunflower seeds)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup oat flour (or almond flour)
- 4 medium frozen bananas, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2-3 tablespoons plant milk
- salt pretzels
- chocolate chips
- peanut halves
- Place all your nicecream ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until you have a thick mixture (use your tamper tool). Line muffin tins with parchment handles and divide the nicecream mixture equally among them, then place into the freezer for 1 hour until firm (might need longer depending on how cold your freezer is).
- In the meantime, place the peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla into a bowl and use a whisk to combine until smooth. Add in the oat flour and combine until you have a sticky mixture.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the batter to desired thickness and a cookie cutter to cut out circular shapes. Alternatively form small dough balls and press them down into round cookies. Place the cookies on a lined baking sheet, take a pretzel and press it down into the middle and place the sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes. If you prefer baked cookies, bake them for 5-6 minutes at 350°F and let cool down completely.
- Once firm, take the nicecream and cookies out of the and place the one nicecream circle in between two cookies. Roll in chocolate chips or peanuts and place back into the freezer until ready to eat!