This gluten-free and vegan snack bar is a fun twist on the traditional peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Made from oat flour, oats, and bananas, they're fluffy, sweet, and absolutely delicious. The challenge, though, is this: Are these peanut butter & jelly banana bars for breakfast? Are they a snack? Do they work pre-workout? What about as a dessert? We say anytime is good.
Peanut Butter Jelly Banana Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all natural fruit jelly of choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together the bananas, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oat flour, oats, baking powder, sea salt, and cinnamon. Add the wet ingredients into the dry, mixing until just incorporated. Batter will be thick.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Warm the jelly for 20 seconds in the microwave, then spread on top of the batter. Using a knife, swirl jelly around so that it settles into the batter.
- Bake bars for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow bars to cool for 20 minutes before slicing into 12 bars.