This amazing twist on the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich is guaranteed to have your mouth watering. Adding French toast and bananas, this treat is equal parts cinnamon and sweetness! Turmeric and date add a special twist, while keeping it healthy!
Peanut Butter, Jam, and Banana French Toast Sandwich [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 pitted date, chopped
- A dash of cinnamon
- A dash of turmeric
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1-2 bananas, cut into thin rounds
- 3-4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons jam
- Blend 1/2 cup of non-dairy milk, date, cinnamon, and turmeric in a blender until smooth. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of non-dairy milk and blend for a few more seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and dip the slices of bread in it, one at a time, coating them well.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Cook each bread slice for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- To assemble the sandwiches, add the peanut butter on the bottom of one french toast slice, place sliced banana on the peanut butter, add jam, and top with another french toast slice.