A mega nutty granola that will have you reaching for seconds and thirds. You have to try these Peanut Butter Granola Clusters!
Peanut Butter Granola Clusters [Vegan]
- 3.5 cups rolled oats (gluten free)
- 1 cup nuts/seeds
- 3 tablespoons flax meal
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (added after baking process)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt coconut oil over low heat. Set aside to cool down.
- Add the oats, nuts (option to chop smaller if desired), flax meal, coconut sugar, cinnamon and sea salt to a large bowl.
- Combine the coconut oil with the rest of the wet ingredients (maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla). Stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Combine the wet ingredients to the dry. You might need to get your hands in the bowl to thoroughly mix the granola. Option to taste test here, decide if it needs a little more salt or cinnamon.
- Pour the granola onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread it around evenly. I find this granola mixture doesn’t completely cover the whole baking sheet (just over 3/4 of it). Before placing it in the oven, use a sturdy, flat surface (The back of your metal measuring up will work well) to firmly press down on the granola. This action is key for making it clump together. Press firmly down and then place it in the oven for 30-35 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. It’s important to note, you do not want to stir or mix the granola at all during the baking process.
- Once the granola is looking golden on top, remove it from the oven and let it completely cool. Once cooled, use your hands to break pieces of the granola apart. They will form large clumps. Mix in the chocolate.
- Store granola in a large sealed container for 2 weeks.