Soft, gooey, and oh so delicious peanut butter cookie bars studded with rich chocolate chunks. This is a simple and easy recipe that is sure to satisfy that sweet tooth.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup (142g) creamy peanut butter (all natural is best)
- 1/4 cup room temperature vegan butter
- 1/4 cup (44g) dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup (53g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (54g) non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (137g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (130g) chopped, dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flaxseed meal and water.
- Allow it to sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- To the bowl with the flax egg, add peanut butter, vegan butter and sugars. Use a handheld mixer to beat ingredients on medium-high until creamy. Add molasses, non-dairy milk, and vanilla extract. Beat until well combined. Add flour, baking powder and soda, salt, and cocoa powder. Beat on low until a soft dough forms. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Add dough to the baking pan and press into an even layer. Bake for 17 minutes until top is light golden brown. It may seem underdone, but that's ok. Allow it to sit in the pan for 15 minutes before slicing into 9 bars.