You can never go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter and these grain-free buckeye-inspired bars are almost too much to handle! They're made from chickpeas and banana flour, sweetened naturally with dates, and oil-free thanks to peanut butter. The addition of peanut butter is so rich and gooey, while the chocolate takes the decadence over the top. They’re almost too much to handle!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Buckeye Bars [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 cup date paste (about 15 Medjool dates blended with 1 cup hot water, then measure out 1 cup paste)
- 1/2 cup natural, unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/2 cup banana flour (buckwheat or oat flour will likely also work)
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Blend the chickpeas and almond milk until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the chickpea purée, date paste, and peanut butter until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the banana flour, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a nonstick square pan, and bake for 50 minutes.
- Allow the bars to cool completely before cutting/serving.
Exclude chocolate chips to make it completely whole foods plant-based.