This recipe is a delicious vegan Thai salad that is vibrant, zesty, and full of flavor! It is great room temperature or cold, making it the perfect versatile dish for the summer months. Not only is it beautiful to look at thanks to the incredible variety of vegetables, but it is also nutrient packed.
Peanut and Lime Thai Soba Noodle Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Peanut Lime Sauce:
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely diced
- 1.5-2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 3 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons jalepeño/green bell pepper sauce or any hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed olive oil
- 3 tablespoons hot water
For Noodles and Assembly:
- 1/4 head red cabbage, finely sliced
- 2-3 carrots, julienned
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely diced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Sesame seeds, for sprinkling on top
- 9.5 ounces of soba noodles (make sure that it's 100 percent buckwheat if gluten-free)
- Finely dice the garlic and ginger and place into a mixing bowl.
- Add the peanut butter, lime juice, hot sauce, tamari, coconut sugar, and olive oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the hot water and mix just before serving/combining with the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- While the water is heating up, begin to chop up/slice/dice all the veggies and herbs.
- Once the water is boiling, add the noodles and cook according to instructions on the packet.
- Add all the vegetables into a large mixing bowl and squeeze one of the fresh lime wedges over. Mix well with your hands.
- Add the hot water to the sauce and stir.
- Remove the noodles from heat, drain, and rinse with cold water. Add them to the vegetables and mix.
- Pour over the sauce and mix everything together. Serve alongside a fresh wedge of lime and sesame seeds.